We are continuing to take precautions for the safety of team members and residents. Read more for COVID-19 updates.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness and Response
Westminster Communities of Florida is continuing to monitor and take active steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 at our communities, as recommended by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA).
Throughout our organization, we have been very proactive from the outset to ensure the health and wellbeing of our residents and team members.
Here are a few of some of the important precautions we’ve taken:
- We know how important communications is, so we are conducting regular, ongoing communication with our residents and, in the case of Assisted Living and Health Center residents, their families as well. We also meet regularly with our Resident Council chairs to keep them apprised of circumstances.
- We screen all team members, including a daily temperature check and risk assessment questionnaire, at a centralized location to ensure safety. All team members are now required to wear masks at work.
- We welcome visitors as permitted under state and federal regulation. Learn more about our General Visitation program here. In addition, our Compassionate Caregiver program is continuing.
- In Independent Living:
- We offer residents their choice of in-person or at-home dining options, including dining delivery and grab-and-go pickup.
- New “drop-in” grocery stores have been established for essentials like bread, milk, eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, soups, coffee and tea, etc.
- Beauty salons and fitness centers have reopened for service.
- Scheduled transportation services have resumed, with safety protocols in place.
- We have added both outdoor and indoor group fitness activities, with safety first and foremost. We are also continuing to provide a variety of “Virtual Experiences” for residents to enjoy at home, for those who prefer.
- In-home housekeeping services have resumed, using protective equipment and special chemicals.
- New residents are asked to self-isolate after moving in.
- For Assisted Living and Nursing Care:
- All new residents who move in must be in quarantine upon move-in. We strongly encourage new residents to receive the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Team members must wear a face covering at all times and adhere to our core infection control practices.
To learn more about how Westminster Communities of Florida is protecting our residents, please contact the Executive Director or Health Services Administrator at your community.