We are continuing to take precautions for the safety of team members and residents. Read more for COVID-19 updates.
Your Healthy, Active Lifestyle Continues Here
At a time of uncertainty, the most important thing you can count on is your health, your financial security, and assurance you are part of a community.
You can trust Westminster Communities of Florida to put the safety and wellbeing of our residents first. Our residents and their loved ones know that we’re here for them and support them as though they’re our family, because they are.
We’ve delivered thousands of meals through our in-home dining program and run hundreds of virtual and outdoor fitness classes. We use technology to keep residents connected to friends, families and loved ones.
Here’s just a few of the ways that the active lifestyle goes on for Westminster Communities of Florida.
How We Keep Residents Safe
We are taking active measures to keep residents and our team members safe throughout this pandemic, following the guidance of the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and state and federal regulatory agencies. For example, we are:
- Screening all essential team members when they arrive for work each day, and all residents whenever they enter the community.
- Providing face coverings for everyone at the community, including thousands of donated masks from volunteers and family members.
- Not permitting visitors to enter our communities.
- Enhanced cleaning for common areas and high-touch surfaces.
- Establishing a new cleaning protocol for residents’ homes, using new equipment, to ensure the safety of our team members as well as residents.
- Our Assisted Living and Health Center team members are changing into uniforms in designated areas and wearing protective equipment, to provide added infection-control procedures.
- All new Independent Living residents who move into one of our communities are secluding themselves for a few days in their home, and new admissions to the Health Center are in a special Admissions Transition Unit to ensure their safety.
How The Active Lifestyle Continues
Wellbeing of Mind, Body and Soul: Enjoy virtual fitness classes in your home, or an outdoor class from your balcony. Take a group walk, respecting social distancing. Or enjoy a streaming class, play virtual games or take a tour of the world. It’s all part of My W Life, our program for whole-person wellbeing.
Dining Every Day: We know how important comforting food is right now, so we’re making a variety of choices available to residents every day. We’re reopening our dining rooms, with safety first, but we also continue to offer a choice of in-home delivery and take-out for lunch and dinner every day. These delicious meals feature the best from our seasonal menus. For Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, we offered special dinners like prime rib and lamb shanks, and every day we’re offering refreshing treats.
Technology To Stay In Touch: Our Resident Experience teams are hard at work to keep you in touch. Our Resident Family Connection program for Assisted Living and Health Center residents has connected more than 1,000 calls. We’re also holding virtual happy hours, streaming live church services and a whole lot more.
A Strong Partner for Your Future
We’ve seen the ups and downs of the economy over the last few months and know that peace of mind is important to you, now more than ever. You can trust Westminster Communities of Florida with your future: We continue to maintain an investment-grade A- rating on our bonds from Fitch Ratings as a fiscally strong organization and are positioned well to weather any financial challenge together.
Realtors are telling us that the market is hot! But if you aren’t ready to sell your home, we can offer you the option of a promissory note to provide more time to pay the Entrance Fee.
Our Foundation also offers a Benevolent Assistance program to residents who outlive their resources, through no fault of their own. This can provide great assurance to you and your family members.
In fact, we have heard from new residents who have continued to move in, that they feel safer than ever being part of an active living community right now.
How can you benefit from the active lifestyle and peace of mind of living at a Westminster community? Contact us today to schedule your virtual appointment!